We're giving a $10,000 cash-grant to one incredible Texas startup.
AngelSummit.io is teaming up with the Dallas Entrepreneur Center (DEC) and Startup Jackpot - the grassroots startup competition - to give one Texas-based startup startup a healthy injection of momentum and cash.
The Jackpot will offer $10,000+ in a non-equity, no-strings-attached grant plus $25,000+ worth of prizes. The Jackpot is being underwritten thanks to Dallas-based Venture Capital Firm and community leader, Trailblazer Capital, with additional support from local and national community leaders, investors and startup-loving companies.
Be an angel, support the Jackpot:
Because early-stage investing is changing.
Crowdfunding offers entrepreneurs a community-based approach to fundraising. Competitions like Startup Jackpot recognize and celebrate this by writing early-stage startups their first checks from their local startup communities.
We award non-equity grants because 1) it gives early startups the fuel and community validation to achieve their next milestones and 2) startups LOVE it. Grants also avoid all the paperwork and complications associated with equity crowdfunding and general solicitation.
Winners of previous Startup Jackpots have gone on to enter accelerators, run oversubscribed Kickstarter campaigns, raise millions of dollars in capital (and revenue), provide clean water to tens of thousands of people, and so much more.
The AngelSummit is bringing startup community leaders and investors together to advance the conversation about startup investing in markets across the U.S. Startup Jackpot gives summit participants a way to go from talk to action, and come together to help one Dallas-area startup achieve their dreams.
Special thanks to our Jackpot anchor:
- October 23 - Applications open
- November 5th - Applications close
- November 10th - Finalists are announced
- November 12th - Ten startups will give a 2-minute pitch on stage at the Pre-AngelSummit Startup Workshop at The DEC. The audience will narrow it down to five finalists.
- November 13th - Once selected, the top five startups will move on to a final round during the AngelSummit. Competitors will have 4-minutes to pitch using 1-3 slides, followed by Q&A from the judges and audience. The Startup Jackpot judges will narrow it down to the winners and prizes will be awarded to the top three competitors.
- Startup must be headquartered in Texas
- May have raised outside funding of no more than $500K. We will include companies who have raised no outside funding, as long as there’s demonstrable evidence of traction.
- Functional prototype / minimal viable product that solves a big problem in the market
- Primarily Internet-based distribution: search, social, mobile, local
- Small but measurable usage: some customers, early revenue, attractive unit economics
Why a non-equity grant? It offers all of the benefits of crowdfunding with the in-person connections of a pitch competition (AKA get in on up-and-coming deals early).
What happens if I win the Jackpot? You'll wake up with a healthy cash-grant in your company's bank account.
Are there any restrictions to how I use the money? No. The only requirement is that your startup reports how the funds were used.